What’s planned in Big Canoe this year
The FUN of Packing a Shoebox
All the details
- Pickup / drop-off locations at the Postal Facility and at the Chapel any time before November 15th.
- Volunteers on hand to help at the Chapel deck every Tuesday and Friday in October, 12 noon-2 PM. Everything is free! (Donations accepted)
- Build your own shoebox ONLINE … click here to learn how.
- Donate and we will build your box for you. $25 a box (includes freight) Turn check into Chapel office, marked “shoebox”.
- Final day to turn in your packed shoeboxes in Big Canoe is November 15th.
- Questions? Contact Millann Funk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Operation Christmas Child? Operation Christmas Child is the part of Samaritan’s Purse that delivers shoeboxes to disadvantaged children around the world. The purpose of the shoeboxes is to gift a child, who may never have received a present, with small gifts that will enrich his or her life and to show the love of Jesus. Big Canoe Chapel has sponsored Operation Christmas Child and the Shoebox drive for many years.
- How do I pack a shoebox? https://video.samaritanspurse.org/discover-the-fun-of-packing-a-shoebox-4/
- Where do I get shoeboxes and shoebox labels? The shoeboxes will be on racks located in at the Chapel or in the Post Office starting October 6th and the label will be included in the box.
- Can I find out where my shoebox went?You can track your shoebox by going online to www.samaritanspurse.org type “track box” into the Search box, and follow the instructions. This will allow you to print a label, pay for shipping and add a donation to the Greatest Journey, if you desire. And you will be able to learn later where your shoebox went.
- Is there a way to send a shoebox without shopping? You may Build a Box online by going to www.samaritanspurse.org and typing “build a box” into the Search box; click on “read more “ at the heading “Build a Box, Bless a Child” and follow the instructions. The cost is $25, which includes the $9 shipping cost and allows you to add items of your choosing.
- When is the deadline for returning shoeboxes? The deadline for returning boxes is November 16th. You may return your box to Trinity, Foothills Church or to the racks in the Postal facility or at the Chapel.