By Judy Bellenger
The year 2020 has been a tough one for all, but local non-profits have been hit especially hard, even as they continue to serve an ever-growing number of people in need. Big Canoe Chapel’s Benevolence Committee needs your help! Collection boxes are located in Cousins Hall (upper level at the Chapel) and the needed items can be dropped off, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. through the month of December. Please remember face masks are required in all Chapel facilities.
The following organizations need the listed items:
- Appalachian Children’s Center is a child advocacy center dedicated to the safety of all children and to reducing the trauma of abuse and maltreatment in children and their families. They provide individual, family and group therapy, advocacy, education and support for caregivers and families.
Urgent needs: Paper products, gas cards (Walmart $10 each) and small fleece blankets.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of North Georgia serves the children and youth of Pickens, Gilmer, and Fannin counties. They provide a safe environment where children can find learning, recreation and companionship in the afternoons and evenings.
Urgent needs: Paper towels, toilet paper and disinfectant spray.
- North Georgia Pregnancy and Family Resource Center ministers to women who are facing an unplanned pregnancy or post-abortion trauma in Pickens and neighboring counties. They provide free and confidential pregnancy testing, counseling, and education.
Urgent needs: Larger size diapers, baby wipes and baby girl clothes.
- North Georgia Family Partners works closely with the Division of Family & Children Services providing home visitation services to Pickens County’s most at-risk families with children four years and under. Parent Educators provide training in child development, discipline, health nutrition, safety sleep and parent/child interaction.
Urgent needs: Diapers (all sizes particularly size 3 and up), diaper ointments and wipes, baby board books up to two years, craft/art supplies (crayons, washable markers, construction paper), Clorox wipes and face masks.
- Ric-Rack Pantry and Thrift Store, a charity thrift shop and food pantry in Dawson County. They are currently supplying the food needs for about 200-300 families per month and the number is growing.
Urgent needs: Toiletries (travel size is fine), personal hygiene items and canned food.
- Ruth House provides a 6-24-month residential program for women suffering with addiction. They offer counseling, healing, life skills, job search and placement and support to women’s families.
Urgent needs: Office supplies, white printer paper, letter-sized envelopes, toner cartridge TN450 for Brother MFC-786ODW printer/copier/fax, ink cartridges (black and color for HP Office Jet Pro 8710), household and personal items (laundry detergent, Lysol spray, bleach, tampons, antibacterial hand soap).
Thank you for helping those in need.
The post Chapel Benevolence needs help restocking their shelves appeared first on Inside the Gates.