Information submitted by Beth Durban
Have you gotten your COVID-19 jab yet?
Just a couple months ago, many Big Canoers spent hours tracking down where the vaccine would be available. Some found places to go, others are still waiting to be protected from the worst effects of COVID-19.
If you’re still looking for vaccine protection, there’s good news.
The Wellness Collaborative and Jasper Drugs will be offering two Drive-by Clinics right here in the Big Canoe Chapel parking lot. One for the first dose, the other for the second. All you have to do is make a reservation, show up, roll up your sleeve and get the jab. The vaccine offered is Moderna. Clinics will happen, rain or shine.
A minimum of 20 participants is needed to hold the clinic.
Drive-by clinics will be set up on two days:
- Wednesday, May 5, 9:30 a.m. – Noon (First dose)
- Wednesday, June 9, 9:30 a.m. – Noon (Second dose)
Those over 18 years of age are eligible. The clinic is open for Big Canoe residents, employees,
contractors and family members.
There is required documentation.
- Photo identification (Driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- For Medicare Plans, including the Medicare Advantage Plan, bring the new red, white
and blue Medicare card that has a series of numbers and letters as the ID, not the previous
card with your Social Security number on it.
- The vaccine is available for those without insurance with valid photo identification.
- Plan to complete information about recent illnesses or vaccinations and stay for 15
minutes after the vaccine is given for observation of possible reactions.
To make sure enough vaccine is available, you’ll have to sign up at www.bcwell.org or by
If you have questions about the vaccine procedure, call Jasper Drugs at 706-692-6427. Let’s do this!
The post COVID-19 vaccine now available in Big Canoe appeared first on Inside the Gates.