By Shiraz Alikhan
President, Big Canoe Wellness Collaborative
Our year-to-date client services remain at pre-pandemic levels while we maintain certain Covid precautions. It should be noted that we have now delivered over 1,800 services since we started. Other highlights of our activities include the following:
– We held a flu vaccine clinic in September with 100 participants. Additional clinics offering Covid boosters, and flu, shingles and pneumonia vaccines will be held in the fourth quarter.
– The first four-session Grief Support program was conducted in September and more are planned for 2022.
– The Big Canoe Blood Drive in memory of Joyce Chura was held in September with 57 residents making donations. This was our first blood drive with LifeSouth and the feedback was very positive. LifeSouth told us that 173 lives would be saved with these donations.
– Construction of the fitness stations near the intersection of the red and blue trails by the Wildcat Dog Park is underway and will soon be completed.
– We’ll be co-sponsoring a Stroke Awareness Seminar with the BCVFD on Nov. 3.
– We’d like to highlight our BC Support Group Coordinator, Beth Durban, who did a terrific job of organizing and coordinating the vaccine clinics and blood drive. She also developed and conducted the Grief Support Group program.
For more information on the Wellness Collaborative: https://bcwell.org/ or 706-268-3334
The post Wellness Collaborative 2021 third quarter activities appeared first on Inside the Gates.